Wedding Venues in Hokkaido
Save money by booking through Hitchbird.
Get $1,000.00 Tiffany & Co gift card or an iPhone 11 on selected wedding deals.
Enquire and connect to vendors to receive wedding packages.
Connect directly to our wedding concierge via WhatsApp
7 Hokkaido wedding venues
About Hokkaido Weddings
Hokkaido Wedding Tips
- Sekihan, a red azuki beans rice, which is red in color as a symbol of celebration and happy occasions. It is often served with gomashio, a mixture of some toasted sesame seeds along with salt.
- Kombu or Kelp, made from broccoli, squashes, fresh ginger, garlic, mushrooms, Kombu and carrots. It is a very delicate seafood flavored clear soup that is a must during weddings. This soup is usually served with medium sized tofu, some sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
- Kazunoko is a symbol of fertility in Japan, which is the main reason why this dish is served in traditional Japanese weddings. In the Japanese language Kazunoko refers to herring roe. It is salted herring roe that has been marinated in seasoned Dashi. Dashi is a Japanese stock or broth, and it is a fundamental ingredient in many Japanese dishes, made from Kombu (dried kelp).
- Datemaki is a Japanese rolled omelet that is loved during weddings. It is made from dashi soup stock and hanpen, which is white fish cake.
- Japanese sushi cakes - Weddings are said to be incomplete, until there is a wedding cake. This is made from smoked salmon, sushi rice, eggs along with other ingredients. There is no particular style for making this cake and you can even put in your own creative ideas to make this cake enjoyable. This cake forms the highlight menu item of all Japanese weddings.
- Daifuku is a traditional sweet that is served in Japanese weddings; it is a popular Japanese mochi cake and is served along with green tea to the guests. Those who wish to bring a variation can do this by changing the cake’s filling. This sweet is a symbol of sharing happiness with friends and relatives on the auspicious occasion along with the bride and the groom.